THE OLDSMAR BANK
2012 Silver Certification
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
Built in 1916, the Oldsmar Bank is the only building in the area featuring Italian glazed tile exterior, giving this historic building a pristine white exterior. The historic building houses the City council chambers, the Upper Tampa Bay chamber of commerce, and the Oldsmar Historical Society Museum.
This renovation incorporated sustainable material and methods to increase the building's energy savings. While gutting the building's interior, layers of past architectural elements were uncovered and reused in the design. The buried building's original floor tiles were identified in historic photos and reintegrated at the entrance in the Oldsmar Historical Society Museum.