SAFFORD HOUSE MUSEUM
Tarpon Springs, FL
As a National Trust For Historic Preservation Landmark, located in the local Historic District of Tarpon Springs, the restoration of this house was important to the Community as a whole. The house was originally constructed in 1883 for Governor Safford, the founder of Tarpon Springs. The restoration components consisted of the site and the 4-bedroom, 1-bath house, and a 4-room kitchen outbuilding in its entirety. Restoration was partially funded with Historic Preservation Assistance provided by the Bureau of Historic Preservation; Florida Department of State assisted by the Historic Preservation Council, and by the City of Tarpon Springs.